Credit Specialists perform comprehensive analyses of clients’ financial histories to ascertain whether such entities qualify for loans or lines of credit. Credit Specialists also assist in the recovery of unpaid dues.
To be successful as a Credit Specialist, you should possess exceptional investigative skills that are backed by sound judgment. Ultimately, an outstanding Credit Specialist will inform clients about ways to improve their suitability for our programs.
- Receiving credit and loan applications along with supplementary paperwork.
- Reviewing documents to ensure their completion and precision.
- Conducting routine inspections to better understand clients’ financial track records.
- Performing risk analyses and using the findings to inform the amount of credit extended, if applicable.
- Informing clients about the outcomes of their credit applications.
- Negotiating interest rates and payment plans that account for the potential risks identified earlier.
- Supervising the repayment of funds and contacting defaulters to tend to their accounts with urgency.
- Providing additional financial support to eligible and steadfast clients upon request.
- Compiling a database of regular defaulters and reporting them to the relevant bodies, as appropriate.
- Working towards maintaining and advancing the financial status of our institution.
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as a Credit Specialist.
- Excellent knowledge of all applicable governing regulations and bodies.
- Familiarity with sound business, borrowing, and spending practices.
- Strong research, statistical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to negotiate credit limits and repayment options.
- Capacity to let ineligible clients down in a dignified manner.
- Willingness to institute pertinent corrective measures to procure monies owed.
See Other Jobs….