Call Center Supervisor
Call Center Supervisors help train and motivate call center representatives as they answer questions, handle complaints, and provide support for clients. They assist in hiring and training employees, monitoring representative progress, and coaching them to cultivate the knowledge and skills to provide excellent service to customers. To succeed as a Call Center Supervisor, you should be focused on helping your team build necessary skills and knowledge so they can better support customers. You should be supportive, communicative, and attentive.
- Hiring, training, and preparing call center representatives to respond to customer questions and complaints and troubleshoot problems with services or products.
- Ensuring agents understand and comply with all call center objectives, performance standards, and policies.
- Answering agent questions regarding best practices or difficult calls.
- Identifying operational issues and suggesting possible improvements.
- Monitoring and evaluating agent performance, providing learning or coaching opportunities, and taking corrective action, if necessary.
- Preparing reports and analyzing data to assist management as they determine call center goals.
- Working with other supervisors and management team members to support agents and maximize customer satisfaction.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, but more education, especially in management, is preferred.
- Call center, customer service, or supervisory experience may be required.
- Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, and phone systems.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of company products, policies, and services.
- Ability to coach, train, and motivate employees and evaluate their performance.
- Excellent problem solving, leadership, and customer service skills.
- Analytical, efficient, and thorough.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations, especially during busy hours.
See Other Jobs….